IT Security Services by Screamer Telecoms
Unfortunately, Cybercrime has become common, with unprotected businesses being identified and targeted.
As new technologies emerge and are implemented, criminals find gaps and ways to exploit those whose approach to IT Security has been minimal.
IT Security products have been developed to provide protection and peace of mind. However, when used solely on their own, they may need to ensure complete system safety. For proper network security, a multi-faceted design that is maintained and monitored by IT Professionals is required.
Five Predicted Trends in Cybercrime & IT Security in 2023
- AI-powered attacks: Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning are now being harnessed for malicious intent. AI can latch onto various features such as voice automation, geo-location, and more to help criminals identify and exploit ‘weakest link’ systems. AI can also collect information on organizations from multiple sources and employ it to assist hackers in gaining system entry. AI ups the ante, capable of launching large-scale, highly sophisticated attacks with speed. Add to this the ability to learn from mistakes, and a new super breed of security threat is posed by AI & ML.
- Ransomware: The threat of Ransomware continues to grow. Protection measures and elements can be implemented, but it requires vigilance from all angles. Untrained System Users are often the weak link that Ransomware exploits.
- IoT & Remote devices being targeted: IoT and remote devices have not traditionally been included in system protection. This disconnect has contributed to them being identified as weak points in IT System Networks’ security. Devices left out of the security strategy provide opportunities for exploitation through malware, hacking, denial of service, sabotage, and more. Complete protection will require failsafe so that employees’ remote devices can join and leave business networks safely.
- Emerging standards for multi-factor authentication: As Data Protection becomes paramount, a tipping point is being reached regarding the advantages of multi-factor authentication. Multi-factor Identification is moving away from a ‘cumbersome but good idea’ to a requirement, especially as most security breaches have been linked to weak single-feature identification. Multi-factor authentication allows for much tighter control of access, enhancing system security.
- The Adoption of more sophisticated security technologies: New technologies that completely eliminate common risks are no longer going to be fringe options but essential tools. Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) Solutions, Deception Technologies, Network Traffic Analysis, and more are just some of the complex technologies that can detect and respond to abnormal or irregular activities system-wide.
Screamer Telecoms: Your Partner in IT Security
Screamer Telecoms provides IT Security Services that protect every element of your company network. Our holistic, individualized, and scalable plans give you access to our skilled IT experts to monitor, assess, and ensure that your business stays safe.
Screamer Telecoms provides business-critical IT service solutions. We specialize in ensuring access to enterprise-level security, software, infrastructure, and service plans for small and medium-sized businesses. Don’t risk your company’s future. Employ professionals to ensure that technology works with you rather than against you. Contact Screamer Telecoms today for a free assessment or to find out what would benefit your system’s security.